Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Monday – Thursday 7am-5pm
Main Responsibilities and Requirements
You will have both electrical and mechanical skills to convert buses from diesel to electric;
Responsible for removing engines and gearboxes from vehicles, installing all cabling (including integrating to the OEM body electrics), assembling and installing all electrical components including electric motor, gearbox and batteries and connecting all these systems together and uploading software. System works on 12V and 400V DC;
- You will be required to effectively follow engineering and electrical installation drawings;
- You will be required to effectively and accurately follow manufacturer’s installation instructions;
- You will always be expected to work safely with AC and DC, low and high voltages (12V & 400V). HV is an essential part of the job but training can be provided.
- Identify correct cable sizing and fusing
- Use crimping tools, wire stripers etc. correctly
- Operate power tools correctly
- Perform diagnostic electrical tests
- Conduct all work in line with H&S standards
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Applicants must have experience of working in the bus, car or commercial vehicle sectors;
- Applicants must be qualified to a minimum NVQ level 3 standard (City and Guilds Level 2);
- The right candidate will have Automotive fitting/mechanic experience – in both electrical and mechanical
- A good level of initiative with a positive approach to problem-solving.
- Good communicator both verbally and written.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail, right-first-time attitude.